Tuesday 21 May 2013

GOOD IS : RISO

Riso print would be how I would print my promotional goods, as riso is a cheap and cost effective way to print good quality aesthetically pleasing work and because it is cost effective it is perfect for events that are pop up as you don't want to spend loads and loads of money to print promo stuff for a lo-fi event that will last just one day.

It might be cost effective to print for events but for this project I will not be using the service as many riso services only do order in bulk and I don't think it is worth me forking out money to gets lots of leaflets that won't have a use after this module. But I am going to research into costs so that If I were to get it done I'd know the prices 

Catalogue Press :


Catalogue press run by the catalogue guys offer a riso service with 7 colour available. I contacted them to ask about their prices they offer. I asked about short runs to find out how much it would be what their minimum run is , the response was:

Minimum order is 20 
20 x A3 x 1 colour = 35 pounds
20 x A4 x 1 colour = 25 pounds

 Bellow is an example of a flyer they did for Village book store which is an example of the context I would get mine printed in - promotional material - flyers - posters



FootPrint:


Footprint is another printers in leeds that offer riso print. They have published their general pricings for riso on their website, but do state that every print job is different so this is just a guide. Their minimum run of copies is a lot higher then catalogue, which is interesting to see. It is also interesting to see the different pricings large jobs, compared to smaller jobs.









Colours :


The above colours are what I would use for if  I was getting my work riso printed. I wouldn't use all three it would be the blue, and either the pink or one of the opacities of the red, depending on which suits my colour scheme best.

No comments:

Post a Comment