Wednesday 15 May 2013

COP2 : THEORY INTO DESIGN - design development

Poster :

For the Posters I want to highlight images of Beyonce pandering and encouraging the male gaze. She is inviting the male to look at her and saying that it is ok, apealing to the voyeristic nature of man. I want to show this side of Beyonce teamed with her lyrics to show what messege this image puts across. I will then merge Beyonce with the image of say Etta James for example, and use the same lyric, and showcase the different meaning that comes across. This will hightlight very obviously to my audience the power of image and the messege pandering the male gaze puts acros.

Images of Bey acepting the male gaze -














These images are poracative, sexual, erotic, phalic, suggestive and everything else a man might desire, Beyonces's image has been created in these photographs for mans desire to look. 


Alternative image :

To create the alternative image I have merge Beyonce with five (as there will be 5 posters) musicians from the vinyl series. But this time using images from magazine shots, paparatzi shots, promo shots. Similar contexts to the above images of Beyonce.

Etta james -


Cyndi Lauper -


Dolly Parton -


Grace Jones -


Blondie -


Poster :

Now that I have my images I am able to play around with how the messege with come across using either lyrics or quotes.

 

After trying out quotes on the poster I have decided that Lyrics will work better as they are more snappy and to the point, pluss they are probably misconstruded more, and will create a better contrast in meanings of image.

 

I tried out the purple as with the previous concept purple was my choson colour for Beyonce and it is royal, but I think it looks too washed out. Red has more of an instant attention effect. We are designed to look at read automaticaly as it is a sign of danger, so it will draw the attention in to read the lyrics and not just look at the imagrey.




  


 






I am really happy with how the posters have worked out, they convey the messege clearly and will make people notice the power of image.

No comments:

Post a Comment