Wednesday 15 May 2013

COP2 : THEORY INTO PRACTICE - concept development

Concept Development :


Concept - 

After the last crit I have decided to focus on Beyonce as I feel she is, out of the three, the popstar who is most likley to stick around and become the inconic musician of the moment. 
I want to highlight how important and powerful image can be, how it can distort meanings, and will do this by taking beyonce and puting her in different contexts, so she will be viewed in a different way. I will swap her image with other iconic women musicians of the past, so that there will be a dialog of contrasting Beyonce and seeing how image of women has changed in the music industry from years ago to now.

Beyonce is also renowned for having two personalitys, her perfomance side, to whom she calls 'Sash Fierce' and then Beyonce her normal self. From her doing this she oftend contradicts herself and gives very mixed messeges, one minute shes a strong indepndant women, next she's catering to mens desires and dressing, dancing and acting to please them. I want to highlight these to sides.

I want the format of my publication to take the format of vinyls I want to take the idea of showcasing the album artwork from my previous concept and apply here, maybe contrasting Beyonces Album artwork with past artists album artwork.

Context - 

As I want to create my publication in the format of vinyls, the context of my publication would be an exhibition that would be put on at somewhere like Village Bookshop in Leeds where they put on small exhibitions, that would run in conjunction with record store week. 

Audience -

People who are interested in music and vinyl records, they may have a specific interest in Beyonce, or maybe an interest in the older music that she is being compared to. The audience may have a key interest in feminism and feminist values and could be female if this is the case. The age range will be 18-30 as the events usually serve alchol so must be atleast 18 and age 30 because the person will have to have an interest in Beyonce, even if it is just slight like being able to recognise her or her songs.


Now that I have a clear concept I can move onto develeping my design work.

No comments:

Post a Comment