Monday 20 May 2013

BRIEF 3 : visual research

Pageant posters:

To start off research I have looked into pageant posters, to see what they look like aesthetically. 
The pageant posters I have looked at are vintage ones, as I think visually they are more interesting, they have a classic, iconic look to them, where as I'm sure the ones today would be tacky and tasteless, which I will double check before I scorn them.

I really love the low quality of the posters, I want to try and represent this in my poster, so that it has an authentic feel and plays homage to the old beauty pageant posters but with a modern more simple feel.

 




  


Pageant queens :

I want to include imagery of pageant queens, so have collected a range of imagery which I will whittle down choose 7 pageant queens (almost like a pageant in itself) 





















 













Modern day pageant :

I was right to pre-judge the posters for modern day pageants, they are very garish and 'bling' this is the exact design angle that I want to avoid. I will stick with the vintage feel pageant.







No comments:

Post a Comment