Tuesday 21 May 2013

GOOD IS : maps

Maps -

I want to include a map in my dérive x Look UP pack as it would aid in knowing where you, not as a guide but as a way of getting your bearings. I myself, do not get along with maps, I find them confusing as there is so much going on on them. I want to create a simple looking map, and as it is not for the purpose of navigation, I will be able to simplify it without compromising it's function. I have done some research into maps that are lovely to look at.

Anymade studio :

The guide by any made studio is an example of a map done well, it is very striking looking, and is aesthetically pleasing. The map itself is done very simply which makes it easy to navigate and understand. this is the effect I want to have for my map, simple but easy to follow.




Poster :

I came across this poster by any made studio  (same as above) and I felt like I should blog it as it is a good example of using something that you see when you look up (roofs) in a poster design. The use of architectural style drawings is really beautiful as it is such skill. This would be a very striking way of highlighting what you see when you look up.



Map -


This is another really simple but effective map by any made studio again. It shows that with good design skill you can make something mundane like a mao, into something really striking and interesting looking.

Museum studio :



I really like the format of this book it is really simple but effective. The elastic band aids as the bind to hold all the papers together which works really well. The cover is changeable, there are different variations which makes this publication very flexible.

Kobi Benezri





This book is an example of a more complex map, which is what a  I want to avoid, but it has been executed well, so the the combination of map with the lovely typographic work, makes the map look a lot more approachable and less like a map. This has shown me that complex maps don't always come across as daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment