Wednesday 15 May 2013

COP2 : THEORY INTO PRACTICE - visual research

Visual research :

Publications -



This publication is by josh finklea. I really enjoy how simple and neat this publication is. It gives off a very corperate feel but the colours add a friendly approachable feel to the publication. I am interested in my publication having his neat clean look, but with the content bringing an approachable feel.



This publication by Amalia Pica is an example of how a series of publications in one can work.  The different scales of size work realy well to deferenciate between publications. This will work well if I want to have different topics withing my publication. Packed away together in a clear packet gives off a really lovely look of unity everything matches in a series and collection. 


This publication by Doeller & Satter is an example of a good use of text and image, it would be a good way to put across a point, say if I was to highlight a contridicting a quote from beyonce with an image of Beyonce, this style of text and image would work really well in butting the messege across.

Same as aplied above, strong use of visual and text that will cause high impact if I was to use it to create effect and put across a messege.



I really love the design of the cover for the magazine The Gentlewoman. They are playful with colour and very strong in the image and messege they put across. This is the effect I want to gain from my publication. I don't want it to be visually too heavy but I do want it to carry meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment