Tuesday 17 December 2013

COP3 : Practical research

Practical research :

For my book showcasing what creativity is really about 'handbook to creativity' for the graphic designer I want it to be very unconventional and not work as you would expect a normal book to. By have a book that opens in an unexpected way it will highlight that you don't have to stick to the rules, once you know the rules you can break them in an informed way creating exciting concepts. My book will embody that element.

Bellow are some examples of unconventional books that I have found. By looking at the books I can see that you can take all the different kinds of regular binds and mix and mash them to make something exciting and unexpected (which is away of developing creative thought pattern by doing a task in an unexpected way but getting to the same finish you would normally, breaking mental routine and forming new connections). I am definitely going to experiment myself with combining different binding techniques, it will involves some practices but once worked out I think it will be a successful to convey what I want to say.







The above video is mesmerising and completely opens your mind to what can be achieved through book binding, it doesn't have to be normal turn page, turn page, there are ways the audience can interact and move with the book which can only help the person absorb the information more.

Different types of folds:


The above diagram is of different kinds of books binds that I will experiment with and figure out how to merge them all into one unsuspecting book.

No comments:

Post a Comment