Tuesday 10 December 2013

COP3 : Practical design concept

Concept :

Whilst reading one of my research books on creativity I read a phrase describing a moment of creativity as an illumination in the brain. I thought this described the moment of creatively very well, it doesn't make it sound too fluffy, like inspiration or creativity, it doesn't link too obviously to creativity which is good as some people have an aversion to the word and it may put them off from engaging with my outcomes. The name of the collection will be Illumination, the monthly magazine will be called Illuminate, this will make it easier to differentiate between the two but it will still be obvious from the aesthetics and name that they are part of the same range.

In terms of aesthetic qualities I want there to be a strong correlation between the range of items, magazine, book and website as I want everything to work as a collective so it will be easily recognised as a range. The qualities that I will maintain across the range will be colour and typography. I don't want there to be any visual disturbance from using loads of colours as I want the products to act as a blank canvas for the audience mind to wander over. I will be using a limited pallet of four colours, one being grey as grey works well as acting as a blank canvas. The other three colour I want to be a contrast and work to bring life to the products and make them more eye-catching.

Bellow are some exampled of contrasting colours that could be used in conjunction with the grey. I will experiment more and decided on final colours when I start designing and see which colours are most effective.




No comments:

Post a Comment