Tuesday 17 December 2013

COP3 : Design development

Colour pallet:
   

This is my chosen colour palette it works with the contrasting colour concept which I want to use to represent the conrtasts winin the subject of 'creativity' be that opinions or contrasting view about brain side dominance. I want the contrast to work in a way that makes the audience notice and draw attention and I think when these colours are used together that is achieved. They grey is used as the blank slate as stated before in my concept development.


 




Logo:


This is my logo deign for illumination. I tried different variations but decided this concept of using the outline of the text works well as it acts as a transparency, you can still see behind the text which will not restrict or distract someones visual cortex which in a creative moment needs to 'blink' as such and shut down visual information, so I feel this non obtrusive logo will work well in not demanding too much visual attention but enough to be recognisable.


Brain:

 

This is the brain that will be featured in this edition of illuminate and on the book of illumination. I see creativity less about the product and more about the way a person thinks, creativity depends greatly on how someone thinks and forms connections in the brain and without this creative brain that person would not create the 'product' what ever that may be. So I want to focus on the brain visually. I will use both the picture of the brain and then also my hand drawn version as I feel this aesthetic of hand rendered design works well at evoking an approachable feeling to design and will encourage my audience to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment