Tuesday 3 December 2013

COP3 : Refined chapter structure and Plan

I have my complete chapter structure but I want to alter it slightly. As it stands I was planning on explaining the definition of creativity in the introduction. But as the more I look in to the definition the more I realise how important it is. Their are many philosophies and ideologies about the history of creativity too so I am going to increase my thesis by adding an extra chapter rounding it up to four chapters. The structure will now be as follows :

Introduction

Definition and history of creativity 

Explanation into how creativity is developed and how this could benefit the graphic designer

An examination of how education can hinder creativity and how this guides the graphic design student to be ready for industry

A dissection of graphic design from the perspective of theories of creativity.

Conclusion

I feel this chapter structure holds more substance and means I will be able to include more theorists and philosophers of creativity. I'm starting to feel a lot more confident with the task a head as I can see clear set goals and in my other plans more details about what to include in each chapter so I don't go off tangent.

This week I am going to begin writing my introduction as I now have a plan. I have been advised through dyslexia tutorials that although it is often advised to leave the introduction until last, apparently it is better for someone with dyslexic and dyspraxia to start with the introduction so that their will be a clear structure to the essay and plan to follow. I can definitely see this as a plan to follow as if I was to start writing with no introduction I could end up going down tangents that I did not intend to go down especially as I am so interested in my topic choice I just keep reading and discovering more which then leads me to think about other things and with time ticking by I need to focus in my research and I will be able to do this through clear goals written in the introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment