Friday 20 December 2013

COP 3 : Design development

Magazine :



To make sure I have chosen the best colour scheme I decided to try out some different contra tong colours whilst experimenting with raw layout of the front cover.




Out of these different contrastive colours I think the Pink and lime green works well as a contrast but there is to much of a fight oh the page between the green and white logo, so it is a struggle to read it which means this colour will not be used. I will however use this layout for the front cover as I feel with the correct colours it will be quite striking.

Book:

For the book I want there to a distinct difference between the magazine and book, but at  the same  the still be easily recognisable as part of the same range,



This is the layout I have tried first whilst still experimenting with contrasting colours. I have used the same imagery as the magazine, but applied it in a different way which will allow the range to work visual as a whole. The lines have been added to represent the notion of ideas coming out of the brain.


This is an experiment to see if I could 'invert' as such the way the colours are appled to the magazine / book. I don't know think it works very well as the orange work well as binding tape but when it is the full cover colour it is quite over bearing and doesn't give off a quality aesthetic feel.

 

I don't think the full brain with lines is working very well on the book cover. Although I want the range to be recognised as a whole, I think the similarities are too close. If I apply and stick to colour scheme, plus use the logo that should be enough for the book and magazine to work as a set. So I will continue to experiment with the book cover layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment