Tuesday 16 April 2013

RESPONSIVE: BRIEF - To dry for

T - towel :

To get an understanding of what tea towels are availbable I looked on the website that is running the competition todryfor. Below are the ones I think are most effective.

'Dishes I'd rathe be doing'


This is a humorous clever tea towel, featuring dishy men. The style fits the humour and is really effective. The one colour also works well as all the tea towel on to dry for are screen printed, so this tea towel would be really easy to mass produce and cheapest as it is just one colour.


Classic

 

This style of tea towel is really lovely, it has a classic vintage feel, which works well on a tea towel as drying the dishes is a traditional thing. I also really like the way the design has been designed for screen print using one colour for the drawings gives a really lovely flat but textured effect.


'a cup of tea dear?'

 

This is another tea towel that uses humour, the simplistic illustration adds character to the tea towel and doesnt distract from the quote. This kind of simplisty is what I want to achieve in my tea towel.

Range :

Rather then just creating a tea towel I want to create more of a range so I have looked into what other products are created with the same pattern as a tea towel.

Things I have discovers in a range are :
- aprons
- oven gloves
- cushion 
- chef hat

I think the products that work best in a range with tea towel are ones that are related to the kitchen, such as aprons, oven gloves and chef hat. which I will invetigate through design.


Wrinkley as a prune :

This is the concept of 'wrinkley as a prune' so I wanted to look at prunes to see exactly how they look 



The prune really does look like a hand that has been in the water for a very long time. It is obvious why the saying came about, and is a really lovely effect and relation.

below are some hands that have been in the water for a long time and have gone wrinkly as a prune.



I will try and mock this effect of wrinkly prune hands in my design work.

Primary photographs of wrinkly prune hands -




No comments:

Post a Comment