Tuesday 16 April 2013

RESPONSIVE : BRIEF - Dazed and confused

For the reasearch of the Dazed and confused brief I have looked into the album artwork for Thom Yorke and Radio head, as the brief is to design a cassete tape inspired by Thom Yorkes track AMOK.

Stanley Donwood.

This is the design for Thom Yorkes album artwork by stanley don wood. It is a simplistic black and white drawing but with a lot of detail and intricate patterns. I think this artwork is really effective for the album and creates the 'trippy' feel that dazed and confused talks about in the brief.


The monochrome gives really effective look for the design it makes it very striking, this could be something I use as a conept for my design.








Radio head - in rainbows



I really like the use of typography in the Radio head album artwork for in rainbows. the repetition of the album name teamed with the colours makes the album really striking and rememberable. This is a look that I want to capture in my design. I will experiment with the repletion and use of typography, rather than go down the illustrative road like Staley Donwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment