Friday 22 November 2013

COP3 : Tutorial 2

Tutorial 2 :

Feedback -


In this tutorial we spoke about ways of making the essay relevant to graphic design, this could be done through talking about how education tries to contain creativity but the concept of constraint and restriction is something which graphic designers come up agains all the time through client briefs, there are allows deliverables. 

It was mentioned that I should look into the philosophical views on creativity. I agree with this and have a list of philosophies to look into.

The plan that has been advised to me is to define creativity first being thorough and talking through theories, phycologists reviews, science etc then apply the discoveries to graphic design adapting them. I need to make the essay flow logically, take what I have learnt through science and how to adapt it to harness creative thinking in graphic design (which could be showcased through practical produce a series of strategies to harness creativity.

I need to ask designers if they consciously consider if they are creative / if they use strategies. I need to find out how they solve briefs, what specifically relates graphic design to creativity a posed to other fields.

I need to analyse and weigh up what method I want to use to interview the graphic designers.

Plan:

- I need to complete a chapter structure ASAP so that I know exactly what I am doing in each chapter
- I need to contact the graphic designers 
- Decide on design outcome


No comments:

Post a Comment