Tuesday 29 October 2013

COP3 : project outline

Project outline.
– Consider timing
– 12 weeks is the Countdown.
– consider holidays/work/life you need to be realistic about what you can do in these weeks.
– Think about the title and different component parts that need researching.
– Allocate timings to each
– draw up project outline based on the above.
– Allow generous time for reading and writing up.
– Factor in tutorials.


Project outline. 


There are twelve weeks until hand in which sound daunting but if you down it is a long time to go, but there are other things to consider. We have a lot of work on with our other module and it is hard to find the balance as I  don't want to fall behind with the other module, but I do see this module as being my min priority at the moment as it is in first and it is also something I find challenging. So it is frustrating, but the balance must be met. There are other things to take into consideration like christmas holidays. This is something which concerns me as three weeks is along time to be left as I do not trust my writing skills, it also concerns me how soon after we get beck to college the hand in is, and during that short period of time there will have to be final checks of dissertation , laying it out, bibliography, printing, binding, not forgetting the practical too. The module is going to be very tight time wise and organisation will be very important to keep on top of things . My plan so far is :

Before end of october:

- Have a structure that has been okayed by tutor
- Have a clear idea about which research methodologies I am using
- Begin primary research

Before end of November :

- Have a proper finalised structure 
- completed primary research / wait for results to come back in
- Clear idea / started practical element
- Began introduction

Before end of December :

- Finished and collected results for primary research
- started and well on way with practical element 
- introduction complete 
- Chapters started 

I also need to take into consideration reading time as I am a very slow reader. I feel I will be reading through to the end of this module as each book leads you on to another 10 etc so there is always something to be learning which will inform my COP module 

No comments:

Post a Comment