Wednesday 23 October 2013

COP3 : initial ideas and visual research for practical

Pratical -

Concept :

What I find really exciting about this cop module is the opportunity to do some action research, which would involve the practical element being intertwined into the learning and the outcome of the practical effecting the conclusion / direction of the written element.

As it stands my essay is about creativity and exploring if you are born creative and if it can be developed / how / can anyone be creative. In the library there are many books about how to improve creativity, improve idea generation, become more creative etc :

Buzan, T. 2002. The power of creative intelligence. [S.l.]: PerfectBound

Buzan, T. 2006. Mind mapping. Edinburg: BBC active.

Seelig, T. L. 2012. InGenius. New York: HarperOne.

Grivas, C. and Puccio, G. J. 2012. The innovative team. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.

The above list is examples of books which are designed to improve your creative potential. I want to explore if books such as these actually work by taking someone who does not believe they are creative, and using the advise the the books give and applying it to my non creative subject. To validate wether the books are working I will use scientifically proven creativity tests which are used to test creativity such as the Torrance test of creativity and the Remote association test. These tests would determine if my subject has improved in creative thought. I want to examine if there is an improvement of creative though, whether this benefits their life day to day, as I want to explore the importance of creative thought within society not just within the arts. 

After collecting and documenting all this data from my subject(s) I want to propose an exhibition / event displaying their journey and exhibiting the potential of developing creative thought and the benefits it brings. 


visual research -

40 Days of Dating :

This is a project by Jessica Walsh where she documents 4o days of dating a friend. I think the way they document the journey works really well, it is interesting and very visual which act as a great way to hold peoples attention. This sort of documentation would be interesting to look into if I go ahead with my project of seeing if i can make someone more creative, I would document the journey online and then create an exhibition.






Ro&Co:



This is a subscription pack designed by Ro&Co. It works in an interesting way where you subscribe to 'subscribe' and they send you a package like this one. The themes change every time. This idea of a subscription is an interesting one which I will think about


Kokoro & Moi:

I really enjoy the work bellow by Kokoro & Moi, it has a very playful and approachable feel to it, which is achieved through colour and pattern. I like the idea of a pack of things, which could work well as a product of the exhibition a creativity pack perhaps.





Interactive :

I think that design that involves some sort of human interaction works really well. It gets the audience involved and causes them to relate to the design on a personal level. This sort of design would work well from me theme of creative thought, as the interaction could be a way of making the engage in a creative movement.



No comments:

Post a Comment