Monday 21 October 2013

COP 3 : design process in action

I have decided to approach the practical element on COP3 using the process's of creativity I have been researching. The process I will use was derived by Graham Wallas (1949) which is broken down into four stages. 

Stage one :

preparation. During the preparation stage you ask questions, gather research, and observe. This would be when all the bulk of research it undertaken. I have already completed this stage.

Stage two :

Incubation. During the incubation stage ideas start to form consciously or unconsciously and concepts being to knit together. This stage is closely linked to the third stage which is inspiration.

Stage Three:

Inspiration. The inspiration stage happens during the second stage and it is when you get that idea that seems to work best in your head and on paper and arrive at your concept.

Stage four:

Verification.This is the final stage where the idea then becomes the final product.


At the moment I would say I am currently in the preparation stage moving on to the incubation stage. I am still researching and gathering information but I am also generating concepts which form in the incubation stage

No comments:

Post a Comment