Friday 25 October 2013

COP3 : presentation & feedback

COP 3 Presentation Proposal :




This is the presentation that I gave proposing my COP3 project. It covers my working title as it stands and the research that I have completed so far into my research topic. It then goes on to talk about my preliminary chapter structure and the areas that I want to cover. The next section shows the primary research that I plan to undertake and the visual aesthetic of colour and playfulness that I want to explore. Another section is also just stating the secondary research that will be done. The last section is about my synthesised practical piece exploring my aims of answering the question can anyone be creative and applying the research I have learnt in a practical manner. (see previous post for more information regarding practical like context etc)

Feedback :



Notes:

The feedback I got was useful as I felt that my structure and essay title was condensed and focused enough but I discovered that it needs to be homed in even more so I will need to think in greater depth about more focused areas. I also discovered that the word 'creative' is a bit of a taboo, I personally do not have a problem with it and accept and see the bigger picture of creativity, but people in the room seemed to a have a great problem with the word and advised me to avoid it, although I agree that if this is the opinion of people then I shall avoid it when conducting primary research, I won't however avoid it altogether as through my essay I hope the person reading it will realise that creativity isn't just about painting and being arty, it is about the structure of your brain and the way ideas are generating, it is a way of thinking and can be applied to so many scenarios such as if you lock your keys inside your car and you don't want to pay to have the AA come out, you would have to think 'creatively' to solve that problem, this is the angle of 'creativity' that I am going with. Overall the feedback was positive with a few things to think about such as making my topic more specific, making sure that the person involved in my practical is ok with it (ethical issues okay'd).

ACTION -

Make more specific
re structure
okay practical
Look into work of Sir Ken Robbinson (education and creativity)

No comments:

Post a Comment