Tuesday 22 May 2012

DC PUBLICATION - design development

To start with I couldn't decide how I wanted to arrange the words in the book. I had a play on a piece of paper and decided that I definitely wanted the words to be spaced out from one and other so that the words don't overwhelm the reader or become too much.  I then remembered some of the feedback from the crit that I should find a way of categorising the words such as positive and negative. I decided this would be a good idea and again started drawing on paper how to separate the words. I then came up with putting + sign for positive and - sign in the actual layout to stand for positive words and negative then / sign for neither positive of negative but a good describing word. This will hopefully work well as it will be a subtle way of saying that the words are positive or negative without having to write anything at the top to confuse things. It is not immediately obvious but once you start reading the words and realise they are all positive or negative itt becomes more apparent.







Above the overall layout for the book of words.


above layout of the belly name.



this is the layout for the tips book. I wanted the tips book to be as illustrative as possible so that it remains interesting for my audience who are a visual audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment