Tuesday 22 May 2012

DC PUBLICATION - crit feedback



From my crit feedback It was clear that I needed to make some adjustments such as spelling mistakes. I also need to make a smaller book for the words as this is something  that has been mentioned in this crit and that I think would be useful. other things to address are the belly band and more info in the tips book.



I had planned on making a keyring of words before the final crit but ran out of time, so I am glad it was something that was brought up as I now know that this smaller booklet of words is essential. 


I have also decided to add more content to the tips book, at first I didn't want it to be too overpowering filled with tips but as my audience has now said they'd want more tips i am able to use more that I generated from my research.



When I looked at the cover of the booklets it made me feel really negatively towards them, like they looked dull and boring because of the grey ( even thought I love the colour grey, the mixture of grey with academic booklets really didn't work) So i have decided to add a cream colour into the equation, which is a lot more fresh and alive and stands out more as there is a higher contrast between the black and cream. I will still keep elements of grey as I feel the cream and grey work in unison and make the finished outcome look professional like context of practice should be. I have also added a brief intro page as this is something that was suggested in the crit.
















BIBLIOGRAPHY

Barnet, S (2008). A short guide to writing about art. 9th ed. pearson: pearson hall. 


Lupton E (2011). Graphic design thinking beyond brainstorming. new york: Princeton architectural press.
Lupton E, Miller A (1999). Design writing and research. new york: Phaidon press limited. 


Moody, S (2007). Dyslexia surviving and succeeding at college. oxon: Routledge. 












No comments:

Post a Comment