Tuesday 8 November 2011

TASK 3 MODERNISM / POSTMODERNISM


I have chosen this album art by Barney Bubble (1978) for my postmodernism piece. I feel this reflects the postmodernist movement as it is playful and doesn't make a lot of sense. It is an image of a face made up from different objeects, the objects used are not being used for there true function which is another quality of post modernism. It is a collage of images and uses a sans serif font both of which again are popular for the movement.


For my Modernist piece I have chose this book cover design by Barbara Kruger (1985). Although I am aware her work is seen as part of the postmodernist movement I feel This piece could pass for modernist/ features modernist traits. It has the use of Photography which was a new modern technology, use of modern slant to text and also the san serif font. There is bold simple use of  block colour, and the image makes sence and relates to the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment